Value Added Tax (VAT) is one of the most complex and onerous tax regimes that businesses have to deal with.
The administration of Value Added Tax (VAT) and the preparation and submission of VAT returns can be one of the most burdensome tasks that small and medium sized businesses can deal with.There are many factors to be considered from a VAT viewpoint:
- Do you need to be registered for VAT?
- When do you need register for VAT?
- What VAT rate do you need to apply?
- How do you report your VAT return and payments due to the Inland Revenue?
Stewart Accounting Services can take the stress and worry out your business’ VAT obligations.
If we are doing your bookkeeping we would recommend that we do your VAT return.
Stewart Accounting Services can assist with the following matters in respect to Value Added Tax:
- Advise whether you need to be registered for VAT.
- Register you with HM Revenue and Customs for VAT.
- Advise the best VAT scheme for your business.
- Prepare and submit your VAT return online with the Inland Revenue.
- Advise VAT amount due and when due.
If you fail to register for VAT at the correct time, don’t submit your VAT return and payment on time or make errors when preparing your VAT return this may lead to penalties being imposed and may result in interest charges.
Contact Stewart Accounting to discuss how we can assist you with your VAT returns.
Having set up my first ever business and being new to self employment I was unsure of the various requirements that I had to adhere too. I registered for VAT wrongly and was in a bit of a pickle. After approaching Stewart Accounting, Mark professionally and efficiently guided me through what I needed to do. He dealt with my VAT obligations and was able to remove me from VAT. He also took care of my accounts and tax return, getting a nice little tax refund into the bargain. I am looking to change business soon and will certainly be engaging Stewart Accounting in my new venture